Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blankie Smells

Reagan is THOROUGHLY attached to her "nite nite".  Which makes me feel good as a Mom, since I made the thing for her.  Every so often, though, we've really got to UNATTACH the little girl long enough to wash the thing.  Because, quite frankly, it reeks. 

Yesterday, I grabbed her blanket as soon as she woke up, and tossed it in the laundry.  I put it in the dryer right before we left for piano lessons, so it would be all clean and ready to go by the time it was needed again for her nap.  It was especially smelly this time around, so I used a little vinegar in the wash, as well as fabric softener, and then put a few bounce sheets in the dryer as well.  It came out of that dryer smelling fresh and snuggly.  Heck - I wanted to nap with it, it smelled so good.

When Reagan woke up from her nap, she immediately handed me her blanket, and said
"Mom, nite nite.  Wash.  Ick."
Me: "Reagan, I just washed it!  It smells good!"
Reagan: "No.  Wash.  Yucky."
I smelled it again, to see if there was actually a foul odor.  Nope.  Fresh as a daisy.  CLEAN.
Reagan: "WAAAAASHHHHH.  YUCK!!!!!!"

Poor girl.  She doesn't even know what CLEAN smells like anymore.  How dare I mess with the stale-urine smell of her nite nite!

No comments: