Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blown Away

Reagan was being quiet.  Too quiet.  I hadn't heard her incesssant "MOM! MOM! MOM!" in a good 15 minutes, which made me worry about what she was up to.  So I went downstairs, and there she was, just leaving the bathroom.  She smiled at me, handed me the bucket from her potty chair, and said "YUCKY!"  No. way.

That little girl had gone "#2" on the potty chair (by herself), dumped it in the toilet (by herself), and flushed (by herself).  Of course, she had also helped herself to a bag of chocolate chips, and was munching on them to while away the time on said pot (by herself), too.  I came just in time for wiping and washing out of the bucket.

Holy cow, girl.  We started this whole training in earnest FIVE DAYS AGO.  See, THIS is why I waited a little bit longer to start the process.  Because she's ready, it takes five days.  When a child's not ready (uhhhh.... like little boys) it takes a year and a half of torture, stained carpets, and excessive laundry.  WHY do that to myself?????

I know we have a ways to go with self-managing clothing, and night time dryness, but I have SUCH HOPE after these past five days!!! 

I'm so proud of you, Reagan!!!

No comments: