Friday, July 15, 2011

Snippet I want To Remember


Yesterday, while out in the yard, playing in the daisies with my daughter. We both lie down amongst the grass and flowers, her head on my belly, and look up at the sky. She points up, and says "Mommy! Bug! Sky! Fly! Pretty!"

We lie there quietly for a few moments and enjoy the view. Then she gets up and starts picking flowers for me to put in my hair. When I try to put them in her hair, she says "No. Mommy try." She searches for more flowers and says, in her toddler way "another one!!", which comes out as "nu-wer one". She picks three flowers, and hands them to me, and notes solemnly that they are a Mommy, a Daddy, and a Baby flower. She rests them on my belly as I lie down. And we laugh there among the wild flowers, and play with each other as we so rarely do... because there are big brothers to contend with, and housework, and jobs, and errands. But just for now, just for these few precious seconds, it's Mommy and Reagan. Just us two. We hear Quinn looking for us, then, wondering where we've gone, and both Reagan and I shriek and fall to the ground, and hide in the long grass, as he calls to us. Reagan says "dis way!" and we giggle privately at our little game. It doesn't take him long to find us, and then our moment is done.

Just want to remember.

No comments: