Saturday, July 23, 2011

YEEE HAW, BABY!!!




Documenting for all posterity.

My daughter, on this 23rd day of July, 2011.... at the tender age of 32 months old..... went PEE on the POTTY, at home, for the very first time.  WAAAHOOOO!

I was trying the diaperless thing again, and told her to put her pee in the potty if it came.  She was lying next to me, and asked for a pull-up.  UH, no.  Let's go sit on the pot.  We did, and... SUCCESS!!!!  I'm doing a little dance over here.  I was starting to think that the alleged "pee on the potty" that happened at church about a month ago was a hoax.  After all, I wasn't there to witness, and it's quite possible that she just SAT THERE, and they only THOUGHT she peed.  Well, it doesn't matter now.  I have visual confirmation.  She DID IT!!!

Good girl.  Good girl.  Good girl.

P.M. ADDENDUM:  Reagan was diaperless for the entire day, with the exception of nap time.  I am absolutely THRILLED to report that she went pee TWICE on the potty.  What's more, and absolutely astounding to me, is that she also POOPED on the "big" potty.  Wowza.  She had one accident, but it was on the kitchen floor, which was easy to clean up.  This blows her brothers out.of.the.water. in terms of toilet-training.  They were nearly four years old before they were trained.  And we started training at two and a half.

Quinn was a bit too fascinated by the whole thing, and insisted on being in the bathroom to watch Reagan through each of the many, many, many times she ran in there to sit.   When I told him to leave and give her some privacy, he just said "But I've already seen her privates, Mom".  Nice.  When Reagan finally did the "big job" on the "big pot" this evening, BOTH boys ran in there and insisted on seeing it float down the drain.  Quinn was enthralled that Reagan had to sit down to pee.  I told him all girls sat to pee, even me.  "Well, you could do it standing up if you wanted, Mom.  It's not hard."    It's not really a preference thing, Quinn.  It's biology.

Just so so so so proud of our little gal.  And so excited that things seem like they're going to be eons and eons better and easier than the nightmare that was training her brothers.  Reagan was pretty proud of herself, actually, and insisted on calling both sets of grandparents on the phone to tell them the big news.   Be prepared to read lots of blog posts on excrement in the very near future.  It's just THAT exciting of a topic to me at the moment.

I think we're going to splurge on some big-girl panties from Walmart tomorrow!!!  WOOO HOOOOO!

No comments: