Monday, April 21, 2008
Baby in the Belly
While lying in bed NOT napping (see today's entry under "Life with Boys), and trying to protect my abdomen from two rambunctious, bed-jumping boys, I got them to stop just long enough to explain that they had to be very careful, as there was a baby in mommy's belly. They stopped, and Quinn promptly looked down my pants, asking "WHERE???" I told him he couldn't see the baby, but that the baby would grow bigger and bigger, until it was fully cooked and could come out. That was a poor choice of words, because then I got "Is the baby cooking a birthday cake? Is the baby making cookies?" No. "Is the baby going to grow into a giant?" No. Colby then, miraculously, found a baby in HIS belly -- a boy baby named "Dumbo". Quinn also miraculously found a baby in HIS belly, too... a boy named "Tucker". Dumbo and Tucker are amazing in that they have learned how to speak through Quinn and Colby's belly buttons in high-pitched little baby voices. HMMMMM. Too bad my baby isn't that talented yet. When I asked the boys if they wanted a baby brother or sister, they both emphatically said BROTHER. But I'm already so out-testoteroned here!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment