Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Late Night Gal

Reagan may be showing a stubborn streak that the rest of us don't have (yeah right!). She has been using these teeny-tiny two ounce bottles for feeding since birth. Her appetite has increased such that I was having to fill them up twice per "episode", so I decided to switch bottles. First tried the Playtex brand with the more "natural shaped" nipple, but NOTHING DOING. Decided then to keep the same standard nipples, just put them on a full-sized bottle. HOW would she know the difference? She ate almost nothing yesterday, taking 2-3 HOURS per feeding, and then last night (this morning), was up from 1:30-5:30 am. She'd cry like she was starving, I'd give her the bottle, she'd fall asleep. I'd take the bottle out, she'd start screaming again. For the first time in her life, that scream had some volume! We'd try "going straight to the source" and nursing, she'd also fall asleep. UGH. Doesn't help mommy's mood at all that, after Reagan JUST fell asleep (albeit with me holding her) the boys come tromping into the room a little after 6 am. AND WOKE HER UP. ARGH! Anyways. During the mad rush to get the boys ready for school, Reagan begins crying like she's starving AGAIN. I get out the teensy tiny bottle (same nipple), put her in her bouncy seat, prop the bottle against a pillow, and.... viola. Guzzles it down in 30 seconds. We're on our second teensy tiny bottle now. HOW does she know? And WHEN can mom fall back to sleep???????

3 comments:

the Sommervilles. said...

Same exact nipple and she wouldn't take it? Now that's just weird!!

gardnersixpack said...

You gotta love the ol' propping! I thought I was the only one that did that!

Monica said...

Yes, bad mothering, that propping, I'm told. But if she's going to take hours on end to eat, I have no choice. The world does not stop for 2-3 hours at a time for one little girl's meal!