Sunday, September 7, 2008

29 Weeks


Vegetable comparison this week... a butternut squash. Little girl is about 2 1/2 pounds and 15 inches long. Quinn and Colby were only two inches taller than that when they were born, so ... wow! We're getting close! Well, maybe not SO close, given that we have 10 weeks left until B-day. I've been getting braxton hicks contractions a few times a day lately, so things are "gearing up". And I have been TIRED (note the all capital letters. I MEAN it). It doesn't take much. I get breathless getting up to answer the phone! Still able to work my full 12 hour shifts, though, so pretty proud about that. I mentioned to a friend today that I was "almost done", and she just smiled and said "ooooohhhh no. It's just BEGINNING." Does this mean the worst is yet to come??? Shaving six weeks off of full term last pregnancy, and spending ALL of that supine in bed makes me realize that I have not FULLY experienced all that the third trimester can and will be. As of this moment, I am scheduled to work my last 12 hour shift 3 days before I deliver. Will I make it? It's already hard getting up and down off the floor, but I manage in a waddling, penguin sort of way. I have had a very short temper lately, and an easily-pushed "cry" button. Songs, images, thoughts... I cry at the drop of a hat. Embarassing hormones.

I repaired the nursery this weekend after Quinn and Colby so helpfully tried to redecorate it. The crib has arrived (we'll wait to set it up), and the dresser is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I am 3/4 of the way done crocheting the baby blanket, and have purchased all the sundry "girly" things to decorate the nursery walls with. The crib quilt is currently in process of being custom-made by a friend. The fact that there will be a new baby soon STILL doesn't seem real, though. It's more that I have a large stomach tumor that I insist on preparing a room for. She will make herself known and real all too soon, however, I have no doubt. Sometimes I wonder how, since I struggle on a daily basis with TWO children, will I ever handle THREE???? But we are adaptable creatures, we mothers, and this baby is soooooo wanted and longed for, I am sure we will manage somehow.

1 comment:

5 Happy Hendersons said...

I cries at everything when I was prego with each of my kids. However, with Parker, I went over my due date almost a full month-- try that on for misery-- I couldn't even get my birkenstocks on the biggest width.... and when PJ was born, he was laid on my chest, and then he pushed himself up and looked around... I remember thinking "WOW, I am in trouble-- I already have a toddler!"