Wednesday, September 24, 2008
31 Week prenatal Visit
Prenatal visits increase to every other week after this one. I have gained 1 pound over the past month, for a total of 12 pounds per official record (and, as you all know, quite a bit more than that by unofficial record). The doctor always seems so surprised when I mention how much I gained in those first 7 weeks. I think the twin pregnancy just REALLY wreaked havoc with my hormones (TWO doses of girl-baby-produced estrogen in the system). Thank goodness the following 24 weeks have slowed that weight gain down considerably. If I average a pound a month from here on out, with 2 months left... I can handle that. To celebrate, I ate some chocolate :). Blood pressure good, sugar good, no swelling, not anemic... another short, uneventful visit. My doctor did do a fibro-dingin0-thingy-mabob test, as I've been having alot of contractions - at times 9-10 minutes apart for several hours. This seems to be very much activity related; once it happened while I was cleaning house, and the other time it happened while at work. Both times eventually stopped with a glass of water and time supine. I think the contractions are pretty harmless - they don't appear to be causing any dilation or anything, just uncomfortable and annoying. I can hack uncomfortable and annoying, as long as I know I'm not giving birth while playing on a swing with a two year old at work. Otherwise, feeling pregnant, but standard pregnant, with all the typical complaints (tired all the time, hard to bend over, pelvis feeling like it has become two separate entities). I feel those are all GOOD things, though, because it means that things are "normal", and "normal" is exactly where I want to be at this point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment