
This is baby Reagan's crib quilt, made lovingly (and incredibly fast) by my friend Renata!! For some reason, it's making it very real to me that our little girl will be here in 8 weeks! That's not long!!! And there's so much left to do! She's about 16 inches now, and 3.3 pounds (the equivalent of 4 navel oranges). This week, the boys and I read a book about what to "expect" with a new baby sister. It was a surprisingly accurate book... it talked about how mommy's belly grew bigger and bigger, and mommy had to sleep in the afternoon's like the little boy character, and then grandma came to visit and picked the boy up from school to take him to the hospital to meet his baby sister! That is precisely our "plan", if all goes according to "plan".
This past week, Colby and I also picked out a "birthday cake" for Reagan. IF I am organized enough, I would like to freeze a bday cake ahead of time for the boys to bring to the hospital when she's born, so #1)they understand what birthdays are really all about, and #2)it builds the excitement a little. We'll see how good I am about that. Now that the boys will be starting school, I am planning to use my mornings for "preparations". I've got the nursery to finish, a crib and dresser to build, baby clothes to wash and go through, and baby "equipment" to locate from the basement and clean up. That should take me 8 weeks or so:).
Next prenatal visit - Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment