Had another prenatal visit today, and the doctor guessed the baby was about 4 pounds. She is currently stretched out sideways, and today I can feel her literally resting on top of my pelvic bones, straight out from side to side. I feel the top of her head on my right pelvis, and her little feet poking out above my left pelvis. Weird. That was the big "change" of the week - I feel body parts now, not just miscellaneous squishiness in my belly. HUGE growth spurt for both of us -- 4 pounds since last visit!!! I feel every ounce of it. I knew that would be the result of stepping on the official scale. Gravity just seems to pull on me more and more lately :). My belly now requires two pillows at night instead of just one - making for a grand total of 5 pillows required per sleeping session - two under the belly, one between the legs, one behind the back, and - oh yeah - one under the head. It has been such a PRODUCTION positioning to go to sleep lately. And there's six more weeks to go! Oh no!
Contractions have been under control, thankfully, and I am still considered a "normal pregnancy" (my doctor showed me the billing code and said "SEE! Still a normal pregnancy!" YEAH!) All is well, just uncomfortable, large and... typical!
No comments:
Post a Comment