Sunday, October 26, 2008

36 weeks

Yeah! We made it to full-term! Little girl can now officially be born locally if she decides to come at any point between now and the 17th of November! WOOHOO. I'm still taking the medicine for an additional week, just to ensure that my husband is present for his daughter's birth (he's currently out of town on business), but otherwise it's all systems go! I spent alot of time on my feet yesterday trick-or-treating with the boys, and was having contractions throughout, but SUPRISINGLY they stopped once I got home! Of course, my sacroiliac joint was WAYYYY out of whack, causing a 2" leg length discrepancy and severe back pain - but it was nothing a few mobilizations from my well-trained husband couldn't at least partially fix (eventually). Today's new complaint - you knew I'd have one - is the stomach flu. YUCK. Luckily, Rob took the boys to church in the morning, and my in-laws are watching them this afternoon, leaving me to rest in peace and discomfort alone most of the day. I would absolutely hate to have two 4 year olds with the stomach flu in the house while 36 week pregnant and my husband out of town. I've been very careful not to breathe on them. I'm feeling somewhat better this afternoon, so hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug, and we can all resume normal life tomorrow. We need to get this family well before bringing a newborn into the house.

No comments: