Sunday, October 12, 2008

34 Weeks

A little comparison.... Here's this baby at 34 weeks:



.... and here' s Quinn and Colby at 34 weeks.


The baby's supposed to be well over 4 3/4 pounds now (the weight of the average cantaloupe), and over 18 inches long. Fatigue is still the order of the day, and I have to seriously consider if walking over to the phone to answer it is worth the effort now. I keep trying to do "everything I'd normally do", but I seem to definitely pay for it afterwards.... I did have to take medicine to stop the contractions from coming 4 minutes apart last night. BUT --- there IS medicine that does the trick, so I am very fortunate. Hiking in the woods yesterday with four young children wasn't probably the smartest thing a person could do when 8 months pregnant (see entry under Essentially Aho), but DANG IT - it was a beautiful day, and I didn't want to miss it!!! I have far too vivid memories of 9 months of winter to sit inside. So for now, all is well but easily irritated, and I am TRYING to be good, but obviously not all that hard...

No comments: