Little girl is supposed to be well over 5 pounds now, and essentially fully developed organ-wise. From here on out, it's just a matter of getting bigger and fatter. I feel ready to explode, and can't imagine an additional month of growing at this rate. This is the first time I have been pregnant this long! Grocery shopping in Walmart was exhausting this morning. Coming up here, ostensibly to pick up the boys' room, exhausted me so that I am now "resting" at the computer, trying to get the energy to pick my carcas up again and do some housework. I am getting regular 6-12 minute contractions virtually every night, so my medication is becoming part of the evening routine, to calm things down before bed. Once she hits 36 weeks, and I can deliver locally instead of 2 hours away (where there's a NICU) -- I'm not taking the medicine anymore. If she wants to come at that point, then by gum... you just come, little girl! It would be nice to wait for Grandma Betty, but I'm not about to hold things off for another month just because of a visit:). I think I just cursed myself into this baby waiting until the very last second to come. At least she CAN'T be overdue, with a scheduled C-section in the works....
I am feeling more and more ready for her arrival, even though there's LOTS I'd like to get done first. Having the nursery at least basically ready is a huge relief. I need to bone up on my baby-rearing reading, as I think I've forgotten alot in the past four years. She'll train me quick, I'm sure. The boys were such EASY babies (not that they haven't made up for it since), that I'm a little nervous about this one. At church today there was a little 4 month old girl wearing the same outfit that my mom sent for Reagan. She smiled at Rob and I the entire service, and we both just said "WEIRD. We're going to have one of those soon!" Crazy crazy crazy.
When I am no longer pregnant, I am going to sleep on my stomach and JUMP and do somersaults, just because I CAN. I will lean over to pick things up off the floor with ease. I will stand up to put my pants on, and I will have a margarita. THIS IS MY PLAN.
No comments:
Post a Comment